Domestic Buildings Research Group (Surrey) ("DBRG (Surrey)")
Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller's possessions or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the "GDPR")
Who are we?
Domestic Buildings Research Group (Surrey) is the data controller. This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
How do we process your personal data?
Domestic Buildings Research Group (Surrey) complies with its obligations under the GDPR by keeping personal data up to date; by sorting and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes:-
- To administer membership records
- To maintain our own accounts and records
- To inform individuals of news, events, activities or services run by DBRG (Surrey)
- To keep individuals informed about news, events, activities and services that are run by similar organisations to DBRG (Surrey)
- To process Gift Aid applications
What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
Explicit consent of the data subject so that we can keep you informed about news, events, activities and services and process your gift aid donations and keep you informed about the events of DBRG and similar organisations.
Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and only shared with the members necessary for the fulfilling of the above purposes. We will only share your data with third parties outside of DBRG (Surrey) with your consent.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep your personal data for no longer than reasonably necessary. This will be for a period of up to six years in order to keep adequate records for Gift Aid applications.
Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:-
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which the DBRG (Surrey) holds about you.
- The right to request that the DBRG (Surrey) corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate to retain such data
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for DBRG (Surrey) to retain such data
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time
- The right to request that the data controller provide the data subject with his or her personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing
- The right to object to the processing of personal data
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please in the first instance contact the Membership Data Secretary whose details can be found on our website www.dbrg.org.uk.